Our Steam Gala is returning for 2020, Friday 6th March – Sunday 8th March.
Despite variable weather at this time of year, our Spring Steam Gala have proved hugely popular and very successful as, in recent times, the Railway played host to a variety of locomotives including LNER B1 Class 4-6-0 61264, LMS ‘Crab’ 2-6-0 13065, ‘Britannia’ 7MT 4-6-2 70013 ‘Oliver Cromwell, SDJR 2-8-0 53808, ‘Black 5’ 4-6-0 44871 and in 2019, BR Class 2MT 46521 from the Great Central Railway.
The details of a visiting locomotive are still being finalised and will be announced in due course. As well as a ‘visitor’, a selection from the home fleet will be in action
- BR Ivatt 2MT 2-6-2T 41241
- BR Standard 2MT 2-6-0 78022
- USATC S160 2-8-0 “Big Jim” No.5820
- LMS ‘Jubilee’ 4-6-0 45596 ‘Bahamas (Courtesy of Bahamas Loco Society)
- LMS ‘Black 5’ Class 5MT 4-6-0 45212
- Midland Railway 0-6-0 4F 43924
- Taff Vale Railway Class O2 0-6-2T no. 85
- Grafton Steam Crane will be in steam and operating in Oakworth Yard
THE EVENT WILL FEATURE AN INTENSIVE PASSENGER SERVICE FEATURING A VARIETY OF OUR COACHING STOCK INCLUDING:
- BR Mark 1 open coaches
- BR Mark 1 suburban coaches
- 1924 built Southern Railway ‘Chatham’ Brake, no. 3554
- L&Y vintage carriages including the ‘gentleman’s club carriage’ and other prestige vehicles (Friday only).
- Demonstration freight train
- Real ale bar on board
- Double Heading
- Behind the scenes tours
What goes on behind the closed doors of our famous Haworth Motive Power Depot? See for yourself on one of our guided tours of the Depot and Haworth yard.
For more information, click HERE
- Trade Stands
Public and working timetables will be released approximately four weeks prior to the event.
Tickets will be available to purchase on the day from booking offices. For the first time, you can now book your tickets for the Spring Gala in advance. Advance discount no longer applies (advance ticket discount only applies to tickets purchased more than 7 days in advance).
Small Family (Adult + 1 Child): £31.25
Member / Local Adult: £22
Member Concession / Local Concession: £19
Member Child / Local Child: £11
2 Day Rover:
Member / Local Adult: £38
Member Concession / Local Concession: £34
Member Child / Local Child: £19
3 Day Rover
Member / Local Adult: £52
Member Concession / Local Concession: £46
Member Child / Local Child: £26
Don’t forget that your Rover tickets allow entry into both museums at RAIL STORY, Ingrow where the Museum of Rail Travel and Ingrow Loco can be found.