- This event has passed.
Sedbergh Music Festival..
June 3, 2020 - June 14, 2020
Between June 3rd and 14th the Festival will be celebrating its Eleventh Birthday in this beautiful Yorkshire Dales market town noted for its warm welcome and spectacular scenery, and all this a mere handful of miles off junction 37 on the M6. Concerts take place in the lovely St Andrew’s Church, whose earliest foundations date back to 1130. The church is in the very centre of the town with convenient adjacent parking.
Topping the bill are:
- An unmissable recital by world famous Red Priest, the virtuoso baroque music band, brainchild of recorder wizard Piers Adams with their huge following
- The rafter-raising Cottontown Chorus
- The Castalia String Quartet from Cumbria
- Sedbergh’s own admired orchestra
- The local Sedbergh Town Brass Band
- Local medieval band Cornucopia with a full music+narration of Chaucer’s Nun’s Priest’s Tale
- Talented young musicians of the world famous Chetham’s Hospital Music School
- Cellist Joe Davies, currently conducting in Birmingham
- And, of course, young musicians from Sedbergh School.
In addition to our evening performances there are daily lunchtime concerts, many with buffet meals available beforehand.
We are delighted that the Right Reverend James Newcombe has agreed to be our President for this bi-annual Festival.
We would like to acknowledge the help and support of the many bookshops, businesses, organisations, hotels, B&Bs, schools, venues and tourist attractions which have supported the Festival so positively. Also grateful thanks to all the Information Office staff, volunteer staff and other dedicated individuals who have shown such allegiance to the project.