- This event has passed.
History Of Art At Ilkley Playhouse..
March 18, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
This exciting new course will examine the Ancient, Medieval and Early Modern foundations of western art in their broader historical context. It will focus on works of art, sculpture and architecture from the Bronze Age to Classical Greece; Romanesque and Gothic; the Northern, Florentine and High Renaissance, including Venice.
Wednesday mornings 10.30am-12noon
1. Bronze Age to Classical Greece
2. Greek Pottery and Sculpture
3. Greek Architecture
4. Roman Art and Architecture
5. The Middle Ages: Romanesque and Gothic
6. The Northern Renaissance
7. The Florentine Renaissance – Architecture
8. The Florentine Renaissance – Sculpture and Painting
9. The High Renaissance
10. The Renaissance in Venice
Dr Ian Adams, Lecturer
Dr Adams taught political philosophy at Durham University and has published several books on that subject. Since his retirement, he has concentrated on other interests, especially art history. He has taught U3A classes on history of art and architecture for a number of years and gives individual lectures of these subjects for a variety of groups and societies.